How to treat hemorrhoids in a teenager - effective methods and tools
Many diseases are getting younger, and often rapidly. This also applies to autoimmune diseases, the causes of which cannot be established for certain. If earlier this or that pathology was a rare case, today the frequency of occurrence is increasing. But not only diseases to the end of the unknown etymology began to be fixed more often than before: doctors also identify other ailments in very young people and children who were not previously so characteristic of this age. One of these diseases is hemorrhoids.
Today, adolescent hemorrhoids are not so rare that these cases are considered isolated. Why is the disease so rejuvenated? What causes the disease? How to treat teenage hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are diseases associated with abnormalities of the veins in the rectum. A whole range of reasons leads to the disruption of normal blood flow in the pelvic organs, and cavernous bodies (which are commonly called hemorrhoidal nodes) become inflamed and swell. Deformed vessel walls lead to bleeding, discomfort, soreness, and subsequently, to the loss of nodes from the anus.
Of course, the process of defecation is complicated, becomes lengthy and often to no avail. If the disease is started, then the injuries of the anal canal will be frequent, tears and cracks will appear that lead to anemia and subsequent tissue death.
Can there be hemorrhoids in adolescents? Unfortunately, this age category does not bypass the disease. Men and women, young and not so, children and adolescents - all can get hemorrhoidal disease. The problem is that at very early stages it is not always possible to diagnose an ailment. Nodes are few in number, they are weakly probed. But without treatment, the disease will progress: therefore, even a small, but systematic discomfort in the anal canal should be an occasion to consult a specialist.
The tendency to rejuvenate the disease
According to unbiased statistics, the disease is increasingly found in adolescents (12-18 years old). Previously, this age category accounted for no more than 5% of all patients with hemorrhoids, today it is customary for doctors to designate this segment of patients with within 15%. And these figures, no matter how sad it may sound, tend to grow. Such conclusions are made not only by domestic proctologists, but also by specialists from the international medical community.
Of course, if hemorrhoids occurred at the age of 16, not every teenager will trust their parents: the problem is still intimate, delicate, and in adolescence can be perceived as something very shameful. Therefore, only trusting relationships between children and parents, attentiveness and correctness of mothers and fathers will bring the problem to the resolution stage.
Why hemorrhoids appear in adolescents
The first thing that can be distinguished from possible causes is heredity. Rather, it will be said this way: proctologists consider hemorrhoids to be a genetically determined disease. Even for specialists there are still many blank spots in this matter, but the version with heredity has acquired enough evidence and logical explanations. Because the only cause of hemorrhoids may be the genetic aspect, but the provoking factor is any circumstance from the long list.
Hemorrhoids can have the following provocateurs:
- Frequent constipation and diarrhea caused by abnormalities in the digestive tract,
- High natural fragility of blood vessels,
- Weak physical activity,
- Passion for power sports with incorrectly selected loads,
- Constant carrying weights.
We can say that at risk are adolescents who regularly experience difficulties in the process of defecation. The chair is either very loose or, on the contrary, stony. If the child has digestive tract pathologies, then these problems become more likely. Parents of children whose family has male relatives with vascular diseases should be on their guard. This includes thrombosis, and varicose veins, and the same hemorrhoids (in any form).
Symptoms of the disease in adolescents
Causes of hemorrhoids in adolescents can be different: for example, hemorrhoids in 17 years arise due to a guy’s passion for bodybuilding. But the disease in a thirteen-year-old girl may be due to excess weight and frustrated eating behavior. However, regardless of the reasons, the disease can have identical manifestations.
Signs of hemorrhoids in a teenager:
- Frequent constipation, alternating with diarrhea,
- Soreness and discomfort during bowel movements,
- Drops of blood on linen, toilet paper, in feces,
- Burning and itching near the anus,
- Short-term and slight increase in body temperature,
- Apathy, weakness and insomnia.
It is not necessary that all these signs appear immediately and do appear. Sometimes the patient is unaware of hemorrhoids until she finds signs of rectal bleeding. At the first stage, in addition to the feeling of the presence of a foreign body in the anal canal, nothing indicates to the patient the inflamed nodes. And only bleeding can say for certain that you have not temporary difficulties with bowel movements, but a disease.
Causes of hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids is the process of inflammation of the veins in the anal area. It is manifested by an increase in their size and prolapse in the form of hemorrhoidal nodes. Inflammation can develop regardless of age, but more often in people after 40 years due to age-related changes and weakening of blood vessels. An important role in the development of the disease is played by heredity - this becomes the main etiological factor in the development of pathology in adolescence.
In adolescents, the development of hemorrhoids is almost always associated with burdened heredity and vascular pathologies. The disease may appear in childhood. Also, hemorrhoids in adolescents are manifested under the influence of such reasons:
- Lack of physical activity, provoking circulatory disorders and venous congestion at any age,
- Inadequate nutrition, violations in regimen moments,
- Frequent stresses and experiences that may be associated, for example, with exams,
- Inappropriate sports such as weightlifting,
- Bad habits are smoking.
In adolescents, the disease proceeds in an erased form, the clinic is formed slowly, and appears intensively only in case of severe stress. Some proctologists are of the opinion that hemorrhoids often occur from 16-17 years old, but they diagnose it in an adult because of the secrecy of the child and the delicacy of the problem itself.
With the clinical symptoms of hemorrhoids in a teenager, he begins to hide this, exacerbating inflammation and making treatment difficult. Often his parents bring him to a doctor with complications already existing.
In adolescence, hemorrhoids are progressive in stages. Each stage of inflammation is accompanied by the development of certain manifestations:
- 1st stage. This is the initial stage. It is characterized by blurred symptoms and a clinic of the disease. Patients may experience minimal changes and slight discomfort. The main signs of inflammation in the hemorrhoids are unpleasant sensations in the process of bowel movement,
- 2nd stage. The disease is characterized by a more pronounced course compared with the initial stage.The patient feels pain during bowel movements, it develops itching, increases burning sensation, which is in no way associated with bowel movements,
- 3rd and 4th stages. These are advanced forms of the disease. With their development, acute symptoms occur that do not stop all day. Also, the last 4th stage can provoke severe bleeding from the anus.
Suspicious signs of inflammation should include:
- an unpleasant feeling in the anus - burning, itching, a feeling of incomplete emptying, which manifests itself after long walks,
- discharge of bright red blood without veins.
Hemorrhoids can manifest themselves in different ways in boys and girls. In adolescent girls, inflammation is diagnosed more often due to the characteristics of the anatomy. Also, girls are more susceptible to stress and neurosis, prone to constipation.
For girls, a combined course of the disease is characteristic. For example, in boys, hemorrhoids are usually characterized by external lesions, but girls suffer simultaneously from external and internal forms.
In young men, hemorrhoids progress more slowly due to slower growth in adolescence. Girls because of their active growth are more likely to complain of hemorrhoids already in advanced stages.
👩⚕️ No less important information on the topic: Itching of a child’s butt
Hemorrhoids - rectal vein dysfunction. For a number of reasons, the normal blood flow is disturbed, nodes are formed, the walls of the vessels are deformed.
Swollen veins block the passage of feces, constant constipation occurs, the process of defecation is complicated. A neglected disease is fraught with permanent injuries of the rectum and anus, cracks and ruptures leading to anemia and tissue necrosis.
Can there be hemorrhoids in adolescents? Yes, this disease is characteristic not only for the elderly, but also for young men, children and adolescents.
In the early stages, diagnosis is complicated, nodes are small, small, and cannot be probed. But if untreated, they gradually increase in size, causing constant discomfort, pain and itching.
Unfortunately, this figure has a tendency to increase. The situation is characteristic not only for Russia, but also for other countries. Among the leaders in the increase in the incidence of the United States and Mexico, but proctologists note unhealthy trends in Western and Northern Europe.
Now that you know about hemorrhoids in adolescents, the causes of such an unpleasant disease are the next question that we want to draw your attention to.
Causes and features of the disease
What causes hemorrhoids in adolescents? The list of causes of teenage hemorrhoids is very long:
- hereditary predisposition
- frequent constipation and diarrhea,
- increased fragility of blood vessels,
- lack of physical activity
- excess weight,
- power sports,
- constant weight bearing.
The risk group includes adolescents who have had problems with stools since childhood and have pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. Particular attention should be paid to children whose closest male relatives had vascular disease (varicose veins, thrombosis), or suffered from various forms of hemorrhoids.
Causes of hemorrhoids in adolescents
The expansion of the veins of the rectum is caused by the weakness of the vascular walls and a number of other factors. However, hemorrhoids can occur at different ages, including adolescence. Children whose parents also suffer from hemorrhoids are especially susceptible to the development of this disease.
The cause of many diseases is heredity, and hemorrhoids is no exception. Weak tone of intestinal tissue and blood vessels may be due to a genetic predisposition to this disease.Improper lifestyle, physical activity, poor nutrition can also trigger this disease. If one of the parents suffers from hemorrhoids, it is likely that the child may develop this disease.
Hemorrhoids in adolescents also develop with frequent constipation, a sedentary, sedentary lifestyle, in the case of severe overstrain of the veins of the rectum. A variety of vascular anomalies can also be the main cause of hemorrhoids. With hemorrhoids, the first signs of the disease can occur in early childhood, after which the disease develops further in the adolescent. Swollen bumps around the anus are the first sign of hemorrhoids.
If a teenager is involved in sports, then excessive sports loads can also trigger a disease. It is necessary to monitor the correctness of physical exertion on a young body. In the prevention and treatment of the disease, sport is the main measure, however, overstrain of the veins of the rectum and lower limbs should be avoided. Dilated veins in the legs will easily cause hemorrhoids.
Teenage hemorrhoids can be a consequence of existing dysbiosis in the gastrointestinal tract of the child. Any stool disorders, constant constipation and diarrhea worsen the basic functions of the gastrointestinal tract. Often it’s the intestinal and stomach upsets that become the main cause of hemorrhoids in adolescents.
Genetic heredity is the cause of many rectal defects. Weak walls of blood vessels interfere with normal blood flow, as a result of which normal blood circulation in the intestines is disturbed. In such a situation, the hemorrhoidal nodes overflow and become inflamed.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids in adolescents
This disease in the initial stage is difficult to diagnose, however, the first symptoms of hemorrhoids in adolescents appear long before the formation of large nodes. Signs of hemorrhoids in adolescents include:
If treatment measures are not taken, the disease progresses, the symptoms become more pronounced.
With hemorrhoids in the second phase, you can feel the small moving nodes inside the anus, after visiting the toilet they move closer to the anus.
Constipation is becoming more frequent intestines may not empty completely. Painful anal fissures are possible, which can provoke edema and inflammation. Therefore, do not underestimate a disease such as hemorrhoids in adolescents.
Treatment and prevention
How to treat hemorrhoids in adolescents? The diagnosis is a good reason for a change in lifestyle. The teenager should move as much as possible.
Welcome walking, cycling, swimming, team games (football, basketball, hockey). The schedule should include classes in the gym, suitable for various wrestling options, yoga. With a diagnosed hemorrhoids or a predisposition to it, power sports that can cause an exacerbation of the disease are prohibited.
Highly an important point is a balanced diet. It is necessary to establish normal digestion, eliminating constipation or diarrhea, to saturate the growing body with nutrients, vitamins, and trace elements.
The adolescent's diet includes whole grain cereals, natural fiber, fresh vegetables and fruits. The daily menu should include:
Nutrition should be varied, balanced and fractional. Preferably eat small meals 4-5 times a day. Eating at certain hours will help regulate bowel function and rule out one of the main causes of hemorrhoids - frequent constipation.
Industrial sweets, refined white flour dishes, red meat, hydrogenated fats, polished rice should be excluded from the diet. These products provoke constipation and worsen the condition of already affected vessels. Beverages that contain caffeine also fall under the ban: coffee, cocoa, black tea.
Treatment for teenage hemorrhoids usually begins at stages 1 or 2. Early diagnosis allows you to quickly assign a suitable therapeutic regimen and eliminates possible complications.
The main task of the doctor is to choose a complex of drugs that can reduce hemorrhoids, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, and relieve unpleasant symptoms (pain, swelling, burning).
Usually into a therapeutic regimen oral drugs with heparin are includedthat helps resorption of blood clots and improves blood circulation.
Tablets are supplemented with rectal suppositories, removing itching and pain, facilitating the removal of feces. Ointments and gels with a cooling and antibacterial effect will help remove external swelling and cure external cracks.
You can normalize the stool with microclysters. with herbal decoctions. In the treatment regimen, you can also include some recipes of traditional medicine - for example, compresses from grated vegetables or medicinal baths and infusions of medicinal plants.
Proctologists recommend not resorting to radical measures even with stage 3 hemorrhoids. Adolescents tolerate surgical intervention worse, an unformed organism in the stage of active growth does not always successfully cope with the consequences of the operation.
Minimally invasive techniques are also used in the most extreme cases. Experts insist on intensive conservative treatment, even if it takes more time.
Teenage hemorrhoids are a problem many parents face. In order to successfully cure the disease and maintain the health of the future man, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible, change the diet and clearly follow the instructions of a specialist.
Systematic treatment and lifestyle changes will help to quickly get rid of the disease, without allowing complications to develop.
The manifestation of hemorrhoids in adolescents
Hemorrhoids begin with the appearance of itching, discomfort or burning in the anus during bowel movements. In the future, this sensation may bother constantly. Severity is due to incomplete bowel movement. Sometimes traces of blood appear on linen or toilet paper.
Pain in the intestine occurs at the final stages, when the nodes have already formed and reached large sizes. They press on the wall of the intestine, protrude into the lumen of the intestine and impede the passage of feces. If constipation develops, a pain symptom accompanies every bowel movement. Rigid stool can damage the mucosa with the formation of cracks or tears in the mucosa of the anus. Pain sensations accompany the loss or infringement of venous nodes in the process of defecation.
Why are teenagers at risk?
In adolescence, the range of interests, diet, physical activity changes. The teenager spends a lot of time at the computer and in front of the TV, and study takes most of the day. Inactivity gradually develops due to a sedentary lifestyle. This factor immediately puts the adolescent at risk. Insufficient motor activity leads to the formation of hemorrhoids at 16 years old - already at this age the disease can have a detailed clinical picture. This is due to constipation, which forms against the background of prolonged sitting and is simultaneously the main etiological and pathogenetic factor.
In addition to these reasons, pathology can cause:
- regular physical stress
- digestive diseases
- neoplasms (rectal polyp),
- acute infections occurring with constipation,
- stresses - act indirectly through the nervous system.
In rare cases, a congenital anomaly of the venous collaterals and muscles of the rectal region occurs.
Masturbation is a new cause of hemorrhoids at the age of 18 (but this is also possible at an earlier age, starting from 14-15 years). The process is accompanied by the same changes in the pelvis as with other causes of the disease. Smoking and alcohol, which minors can try, dilate the vessels of the pelvis, and cause pathological venous nodes. Tobacco makes vessels fragile, reduces their elasticity.
Hemorrhoids can also develop if parents from childhood incorrectly accustomed the child to the pot, did not control this process. The kid spent a lot of time sitting on the pot, he was hard pressed - this weakened the muscles of the bottom of the pelvis and led to the expansion of the venous plexuses. Under the influence of additional risk factors, venous nodes formed, which periodically became inflamed, and the disease progressed.
In high school students, the diet is often violated: there are frequent snacks, dry food, fast food with hot sauces and condiments, sweet carbonated drinks. This leads to irritation of nerve endings and tissues in the pelvis, a rush of blood to its vessels, expansion of the veins, and difficult outflow from them. With the constant use of junk food, hemorrhoids can form.
Due to dry food, a large amount of consumed protein and a lack of fiber in the form of fruits and vegetables, it gradually causes constipation. Constant straining during bowel movements, incomplete bowel movement, prolonged sitting in the toilet exacerbates pathological changes in the venous vessels and in the blood circulation itself.
Often a guy at a young age begins to engage in heavy sport. Inconsistency of large loads with his physical status at this time, the constant lifting of weights in training cause:
- increase in abdominal pressure,
- dilatation of cavernous vessels in the pelvis,
- overflowing with blood
- violation of the outflow from the venous plexus of the rectum.
Over time, these changes lead to hemorrhoids.
Various pathologies of the intestine or other digestive organs also occur with constipation or diarrhea, cause a violation of venous circulation in the intestine, and the occurrence of hemorrhoid cones. The polyp of the rectum partially blocks its lumen and complicates the passage of feces. Even in the absence of constipation during bowel movements have to push hard.
In adolescents, as a rule, several risk factors provoking the disease are present simultaneously.
Hemorrhoids - a progressive disease, has 4 stages of development, each of which is characterized by certain symptoms. The initial phase, when the disease is only developing, can be asymptomatic or with minor, unclear manifestations. It lasts from a few days to several months. Gradually, the above complaints arise - a foreign body sensation in the anus, itching or burning due to the release of inflammatory exudate.
If you do not start therapy, the disease develops. Join:
- pain during bowel movements (over time, it can become permanent),
- bleeding of varying intensity from the rectum,
With the advanced course of the disease, hemorrhoids develop, which grow, increase in size, and may fall out. With their appearance, the condition worsens, the disease worsens. External hemorrhoids (cones are located around the anus) go through 4 stages:
- Blood appears with feces, nodes do not fall out.
- Nodes fall out during bowel movements, but at the end of the emptying process they retract independently.
- Drop nodes can be adjusted manually.
- Nodes fall out during small physical exertion (coughing, sneezing, straining) and are not amenable to manual reduction. At this stage, possible infringement, massive bleeding, thrombosis, which is an emergency, requires immediate hospitalization and emergency care. In addition to these complications, at this stage, an abscess may occur, resulting in tissue necrosis.
The drugs for treating the disease in adolescents are different, but the essence remains the same. Hemorrhoids at the age of 16 should be treated with complex methods.
For this, medications are used for local and systemic effects, physiotherapeutic procedures are carried out, therapeutic exercises are prescribed and nutrition is adjusted.
If there is an urgent need, doctors can prescribe surgical treatment. To speed up recovery, alternative medicine recipes can be added to drug treatment, aimed at eliminating hemorrhoids and its symptoms.
How to treat hemorrhoids in adolescents?
Treatment of teenage hemorrhoids is carried out by conservative methods. Surgery is used in exceptional cases. It happens:
- at stage 4 with complications,
- with congenital pathology,
- in the absence of a positive effect of the therapy.
Since hemorrhoids are a disease of adults, special medicines for young patients have not been created. The therapeutic principles and medications used are the same for both age people and adolescents. Prescribed drugs are characterized by lower doses.
Healing with drug therapy is possible at the initial stage when there is no prolapse of the venous cones. Even if the course of the disease is complicated at the age of 16-18 due to the presence of bad habits, poor nutrition and high loads, the disease is well treatable. This is facilitated by high vascular elasticity, good immunity (compared with adults).
Several groups of drugs are used:
- analgesics and anesthetics,
Medicines are used in different dosage forms:
- rectal suppositories
- ointments and creams.
Adolescents due to the characteristics of their body and the absence of a severe course of the disease can be treated with rectal suppositories. They are prescribed for internal hemorrhoids, when the nodes are located in the distal rectum. A rectal ampoule is introduced in the evening in the supine position. It is better to do this before bedtime, since the base of the candle melts due to body temperature and can leak. They begin therapy with simpler natural drugs - candles with sea buckthorn, belladonna. In the absence of the expected result, suppositories with chemical components (Proctosedil, Relief, Hepatrombin, Proctoglivenol) are prescribed.
The effect of local treatment will be negligible with severe constipation. Therefore, pre-teenagers are assigned:
- light laxatives and glycerin suppositories,
- a diet that includes enough fiber,
- drinking - you need a lot of clean water without gas (this stimulates the intestines).
In parallel, the proctologist, if necessary, will prescribe tablets in tablet form, which will strengthen the venous walls, improve blood circulation. Self-medication is unacceptable due to possible contraindications and side effects in many drugs.
A proctologist can prescribe lotions, baths with decoctions or infusions of medicinal herbs (chamomile, string, calendula, onion peel), cold treatment.
Conservative treatments include systemic and local preparations. The first group includes:
- Non-hormonal drugs that can eliminate the inflammatory process. They are used to remove pain, inflammation in the anus. For teens, it is recommended to use Ibuprofen, Voltaren, Nimid.
- Phlebotonics and angioprotectors, which can improve the condition and strengthen the walls of the veins, they also increase tone, relieve inflammatory processes. Among the effective and popular means can be distinguished veteronics under the name Troxevasin, Venitan, Detralex.
- Laxatives are prescribed to normalize stool and eliminate constipation. Most often used Dufalac or Picolax.
- In the presence of bleeding, medications that stop blood from nodes are used. For treatment use Vikasol, Ditsinon.
Often used medicines for local use. These include candles, ointments and gels.
Such drugs perfectly stop the symptoms of hemorrhoids, relieve inflammatory processes, can help relieve constipation and stop bleeding.
Hemorrhoids at the age of 16 can be treated with such means:
- Candles - Relief, Natalsid, Proctosedyl.
- Ointments and gels - Troxevasin, Relief, Posterisan.
In addition to the described drugs, it is recommended to use folk remedies.
Prevention of the disease is to remove primarily risk factors, namely:
- normalize nutrition
- expand the motor regime - go in for sports, dancing, swimming,
- to refuse from bad habits,
- timely treat acute and chronic pathology of the digestive tract,
- enhance personal hygiene.
The last point plays a big role for both treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids. With existing hemorrhoids, you should refuse to use toilet paper. At home, after defecation, you need to wash the anal area with cool water, outside the house - use wet wipes.
A visit to the doctor at the first symptoms of the disease is also a good preventive measure in relation to the further progression of the disease. If treatment is started in a timely manner, the further development of pathology and complications can be avoided.
In adolescence, it is best to use baths for hemorrhoids. For this, warm and cold species are used.
They are made on the basis of medicinal herbs. To regenerate tissues and eliminate symptoms, you can use decoctions:
- Oak bark.
- Onion husks.
Good results are given by ordinary cold. To do this, compresses are made, cold infusions on herbs are used for microclysters, ice candles.
Means can easily cope with pain, itching and burning in the anus. After use, the size of the hemorrhoidal nodes is reduced.
To improve stool with constipation, take 1-2 tablespoons orally every day. olive or linseed oil.
Use it on an empty stomach, before breakfast. This recipe has a positive effect on the whole body.
There are many remedies from traditional medicine for the treatment of hemorrhoids and the elimination of its symptoms. All of them should be used only on the recommendation of a doctor.
A balanced diet in a teenager is one of the points of complex treatment and prevention of pathology. It is the wrong food and lack of regimen that can cause the development of the disease. Necessary:
- exclude fast food, spicy, salty, pickled fatty dishes, spices, spicy seasonings, sugary drinks with gases,
- include vegetables and fruits, cereals, a sufficient amount of drinking water in the daily diet, adhere to a diet (frequent, fractional).
Since the main cause of the disease is constipation, you need to limit meat, flour products, rice, strong tea and coffee. The difficulty in emptying the bowel also leads to the use of dishes from potatoes, semolina, jelly.Unripe bananas, fresh pears are not recommended.
Foods with a laxative effect should prevail in the diet: dried apricots, prunes, apples, beets. Legumes have a good effect on the intestines.
In addition to the above, there are products that do not have a laxative or fixing effect, but improve intestinal motility, preventing constipation. These include: pumpkin, carrots (raw and boiled), cabbage, broccoli, ripe persimmon.
If you follow these nutritional rules, the risk of getting hemorrhoids will be significantly reduced.
Sport for the prevention of hemorrhoids is the main measure, since it prevents physical inactivity, stagnation of blood in the pelvis and expansion of the veins. Exercises improve blood circulation, increase overall tone, strengthen the body as a whole.
But training associated with regular weight lifting in adolescence can trigger the formation of hemorrhoidal nodes. Therefore, the desire to engage in certain sports, especially professionally and regularly, needs to be discussed with a doctor. Perhaps, taking into account some contraindications, a specialist will recommend physiotherapy exercises. If any sign of the disease appears, you need to contact a proctologist or surgeon, since a progressing pathology reduces the quality of life and academic performance of a teenager.
As a rule, hemorrhoids in teenagers are easy, not supplemented by complications, so conservative therapy often helps.
Other diseases are rarely diagnosed, so surgery is almost never performed. Surgery is used only in emergency cases, as well as in congenital pathologies.
In modern medicine, they try to use minimally invasive methods of treatment:
- Ligation of hemorrhoids with latex rings.
Minimally invasive methods differ from the standard operation in quick rehabilitation periods, complications are excluded.
Some age features
Hemorrhoids at the age of 15, as a rule, do not reach a severe stage of development and are successfully treatable.
Good elasticity of blood vessels and the body's defenses allow you to get rid of nodes at 16 years old in a fairly short time.
The disease at 17 years old can be cured in a short time with timely treatment and the absence of concomitant diseases.
Timely diagnosis and treatment of hemorrhoids requires 18 years, since complications are possible.
A complex approach
Treatment of hemorrhoids in adolescents involves the following set of measures:
- Diet. It is necessary to exclude from the adolescent's diet sharp, spicy, fried, smoked foods that disrupt local blood flow and dilate blood vessels. Excessive intake of salt and fluids must be avoided. To avoid constipation, which is one of the main factors in the occurrence of hemorrhoids, the body needs fiber and coarse fibers, which are found in black bread, raw vegetables and fruits, prunes, oatmeal, buckwheat and barley groats. Eating a child should be fractional (small portions, but often).
- Life style. A teenager should give up sitting for a long time at a computer or watching TV, be more in motion, and avoid excessive physical exertion. In some cases, resort to therapeutic exercises, which improves blood circulation.
- Intimate hygiene. After each bowel movement, it is necessary to wash with cool water and soap.
- Oral medicines for treating adolescents are rarely used and contribute to improving blood circulation, strengthening the walls of blood vessels, they also reduce inflammation and pain. They are used under strict medical supervision.
- Suppositories, ointments and creams for hemorrhoids. Such drugs stop bleeding, restore damaged surfaces, help eliminate inflammation, swelling, itching.The drugs are used as directed by the doctor according to the attached instructions. In some cases, microclysters based on sea buckthorn oil and rosehip oil or homemade candles made from honey or aloe leaves are useful.
- Baths. The use of warm sitting baths has a good therapeutic result in hemorrhoids. A decoction based on: oak bark, chamomile, calendula, onion husks, strawberry leaves, hazel, is added to the water for procedures. Medicinal herbs contribute to the normalization of blood flow, healing of anal fissures, resorption of hemorrhoidal nodes, elimination of inflammatory processes, reduction of pain and burning.
- Cold. With the help of cold lotions, compresses applied to the anus, as well as ice suppositories, introduced for half a minute into the anus, you can remove strong pain and reduce inflammation.
- Surgical intervention. Getting rid of hemorrhoids in adolescents occurs in isolated cases, since in this age category the disease, as a rule, is not very serious and can be treated using other methods.
Varieties of Nodes
- Varieties of Nodes
- Why teens are at risk
- Characteristic symptoms
- From stage to stage ...
- What does modern medicine offer?
- Some age features
- A complex approach
- Causes of hemorrhoids in adolescents
- How is hemorrhoids manifested at an early age and in adolescents?
- How to treat hemorrhoids in adolescents?
- Surgical treatment of hemorrhoids in adolescents
- Treatment of hemorrhoids in adolescents with folk remedies
- Nutrition for hemorrhoids in adolescents
- Causes of Teenage Hemorrhoids
- Stages of hemorrhoids and diagnosis
- Treatment methods
- Folk recipes
- Surgical treatment
- Nutrition rules
- Causes of hemorrhoids in adolescents
In both adults and adolescents, hemorrhoids are of the following types:
- internal hemorrhoids located directly in the rectum,
- external nodes– localization of hemorrhoidal nodes not in the rectum, but around the anus,
- combined hemorrhoids - combines the symptoms of the two above types.
Why hemorrhoids develop in 18 years and earlier
The main reason for the development of hemorrhoids, not only in 20 years, but also at any age is weakening of the walls of blood vessels. Blood circulation is disturbed, blood stagnates, thickens - a hemorrhoidal node forms, which can become inflamed and fall out. It was noted that in children suffering from this pathology, it was also observed in their parents.
It is safe to say that in many ways the development of hemorrhoids under the age of 20 years is due to a hereditary predisposition. There are people who have weak blood vessel walls from birth, if improper nutrition, an inactive lifestyle, overweight, or vice versa, heavy physical exertion, the risk of developing hemorrhoids are significantly increased.
The second reason, also very common, for which hemorrhoids can occur in adolescents under the age of 20, is a tendency to constipation. Problems with bowel movements, again, arise due to unbalanced nutrition, insufficient activity of children. When you have to squeeze during a bowel movement, the veins overstrain, the blood flow to them increases and their walls stretch.
Often the parents themselves are the culprits of hemorrhoids in children and adolescents under 20 years of age. If a child from childhood has been taught to sit on a pot for a long time in anticipation of a bowel movement, this also weakens the vessels and muscles of the rectum. At an older age, this can lead to hemorrhoids.
Another reason that hemorrhoids can be detected is congenital anomalies of the veins and blood circulation. The treatment in this case is most often carried out surgical, an operation is necessary to eliminate the defect.
Intensive exercises in the gym, especially related to lifting heavy dumbbells, barbells, exercises on weight training machines also lead to hemorrhoids in adolescent boys under 20 years of age. The tendency to varicose veins in the legs can also be a prerequisite for hemorrhoids at a young age.
The treatment is carried out to a greater extent preventive - it is required to strictly control the physical activity of the child and prevent overstrain of the pelvic muscles.
If hemorrhoids are detected in adolescents, it is necessary to take tests for intestinal dysbiosis. This pathology leads to various digestive tract disorders. Chronic diarrhea, alternating with constipation, can also lead to the formation of hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
The treatment of hemorrhoids in adolescents under 20 is often complicated by the fact that children are embarrassed to tell parents about their problem
Therefore, it is important from birth to monitor the functioning of the intestines of the child, his stool, to control nutrition and physical activity.
And if he has weak vessels from birth and blood circulation is impaired, eliminate this problem first of all.
Can there be hemorrhoids in adolescents
Hemorrhoids in adolescents is an expansion of the veins of the anus, in which there is an increase and inflammation of the hemorrhoids. Due to shyness, young patients rarely go to the doctor, which leads to the transition of the disease into a neglected form. However, only in the early stages of the disease can be cured by conservative methods.
Hemorrhoids in adolescents is an expansion of the veins of the anus, in which there is an increase and inflammation of the hemorrhoids.
The following factors lead to expansion of the veins of the rectum:
- Genetic predisposition. Anomalies in the structure of the vascular walls and valves, due to which hemorrhoids develop in patients of any age, are inherited. The risk of an unpleasant disease in a child increases if a parent had a similar problem.
- Improper nutrition. Teens rarely eat healthy foods, preferring fast food. The consumption of large amounts of fatty, spicy and fried foods contributes to constipation and inflammation of the intestinal walls, creating conditions for the development of hemorrhoids.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Children and teenagers prefer spending a lot of time at the computer and watching TV shows. A long stay in a sitting position leads to impaired blood flow, which is why blood stagnates in the veins of the small pelvis. When overflowing, the vessels stretch, hemorrhoids occur.
- Excessive exercise. Hemorrhoids occur if a teenager is involved in certain sports and work activities.
- Violation of the intestinal microflora. Dysbacteriosis is considered the main cause of stool disorders. Both constipation and diarrhea lead to injury to the intestinal vessels, which causes unpleasant symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- Alcohol consumption. Many people over 14 years old at least occasionally consume alcohol, which has an extremely negative effect on a fragile body. The flow of blood to the lower half of the body provokes stretching of the walls of hemorrhoidal veins.
- Smoking tobacco. Negatively affects the condition of the whole organism, including blood vessels.
The clinical picture of the disease is determined by its type - external (external) or internal. With external hemorrhoids, the following symptoms appear:
- The presence of seals in the anus. Hemorrhoidal cones are small in size and have a soft texture. They are found during hygiene procedures and examination. During bowel movements and physical exertion, the nodes increase, at rest they return to their previous sizes.
- Constant anal itching. It is associated with permanent trauma to external nodes.
- The appearance of bloody traces on the surface of feces and toilet paper.
- Acute pain in the anus, aggravated by sitting, walking, bowel movements and exertion. It is characteristic of advanced forms of hemorrhoids, accompanied by thrombosis of hemorrhoids. In this case, the cones acquire a solid consistency, the surrounding tissues swell and turn blue.
The clinical picture of internal hemorrhoids includes:
- The presence of seals under the intestinal mucosa. You can detect them during a rectal digital examination. When touching internal nodes, pain does not occur.
- Rectal bleeding. With internal hemorrhoids, every act of defecation is accompanied. Blood flows out in drops or trickles. This contributes to the development of anemia, in which a teenager complains of increased fatigue, weakness, dizziness, loss of appetite.
- Pain in the rectum arising from the release of solid feces.
- A feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen, a sensation of a foreign body in the anus. Occurs with a pronounced increase in nodes.
- Itching in the anus. Incomplete closure of the sphincter promotes leakage of intestinal contents that irritate the skin.
Rectal bleeding with internal hemorrhoids accompany every act of defecation.
Causes of childhood hemorrhoids
The disease is equally common in men, women, can develop in children of different ages.
- Constipation. It is the main provocateur. In young children, problems with bowel movements appear due to an unformed gastrointestinal tract. Each new product causes intestinal irritation. There is diarrhea or constipation. In both the first and second cases, hemorrhoids can develop.
- Nutrition. It plays a very important role in improving the digestive system of the child, strengthening immunity. At the age of 5 years, children still obediently eat porridge, cottage cheese, all the dishes that their mother offers. Teenagers begin to build their eating habits, and they are not always beneficial for the body. The gastrointestinal tract is disrupted by fast feet, convenience foods, pizza, chips, hot dogs, crackers, carbonated drinks.
- Alcohol. Alcohol negatively affects the functioning of all systems, the digestive system is more affected. Alcohol consumption at a young age under 18 is especially dangerous for the child's body. The statistics on this issue are disappointing, some parents themselves pour beer to young children, starting from 3-4 years.
- Sitting on the pot. You need to go to the toilet correctly. Young children sit for a long time on the pot on their own initiative or at the insistence of their parents. In this way they teach a child to a pot. “Until you rock, pee, you do not get up!” However, such an activity is dangerous by increasing stress on the pelvic organs, rectum. Daily sitting on the pot for more than 10 minutes leads to the development of childhood hemorrhoids.
- Strong crying. A small child shows his emotions with a scream. Loving mothers try to comfort the baby faster, but there are such parents that allow the child to cry for a long time. During the cry, the abdominal muscles tighten, the pressure on the pelvic organs increases. This is one of the main causes of hemorrhoids.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Modern people are in a hurry to catch time everywhere, and at the same time move little. The younger generation has not bypassed the trend. Children sit at their desks at school, come home, sit again, learn lessons, then relax - they sit at a computer. They go to school by public transport or parents take them by car. It turns out to move several hours a week in physical education classes. With such a vital rhythm, stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs is observed.
- Hard toilet paper. The delicate skin of the child reacts sharply to poor-quality hygiene products. Microcracks appear, inflammation develops. The parallel effect of another adverse factor provokes the development of the disease.
- Congenital pathology. Varicose hemorrhoidal vessels are observed. A protrusion of the nodes is observed in the baby during crying, after defecation. An anomaly makes itself felt immediately after birth.
Children's hemorrhoids are manifested by itching in the anus, problems with bowel movements, and a sensation of a foreign body in the rectum. The child does not want to get up from the pot, says something is interfering. With the further development of the disease, blood is observed on toilet paper, feces, underwear.
The main condition for the development of hemorrhoids in adolescents is a hereditary predisposition. The presence of the disease in parents increases the risk of getting sick 3 or more times.
However, a genetic predisposition does not guarantee a 100% chance of a disease. The development of hemorrhoids is provoked by the following factors:
- Chronic constipation Diseases of the large intestine, which are accompanied by constipation, increase the risk of hemorrhoids several times. This is due to increased pressure in the abdominal cavity. Frequent straining, difficulties with bowel movements provoke the appearance of hemorrhoidal nodes.
- Passive lifestyle. The habit of sitting at a computer for a long time and moving a little contributes to stagnation in the vessels of the rectum. This can lead to expansion of hemorrhoidal veins.
- Heavy physical activity. Lifting a heavy load increases pressure in the abdominal cavity. This leads to the expansion of hemorrhoidal veins, thinning of their walls.
- Malnutrition. Often eating spicy and fatty foods upsets the digestion. Difficult passage of food masses through the intestines increases blood flow in this area. In the future, this can cause hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids in children often occur with the combined effects of these factors.
The effectiveness of the treatment largely depends on what stage the disease is detected. The sooner therapy is started, the higher the likelihood of a full recovery. Therapy includes medication, minimally invasive methods. At an early stage, you can use folk recipes, diet, lifestyle modification.
The main method of treating the disease in adolescents is the use of medicines. Drug therapy includes the following groups of drugs:
- Venotonic. Preparations of this group increase the tone of the veins, strengthen the vascular wall. Venotonics directly affect the mechanism of development of the disease. Detralex, Normoven tablets belong to this group.
- Local painkillers. Anesthetics include local anesthetics. They reduce pain sensitivity by blocking nerve endings. The preparations from this group include Emla cream, Procto-Glivenol ointment.
- Anti-inflammatory suppositories. Rectal suppositories with anti-inflammatory action eliminate edema, redness of the skin, reduce pain. For hemorrhoids, Diclofenac suppositories are used.
- Preparations that promote regeneration. Used in the presence of anal fissure, wounds and ulcers. This group includes "Sea-buckthorn candles", ointment "Methyluracil".
At the first stage, hemorrhoids can be treated with the help of traditional medicine. Recipes are used as an additional treatment.
Folk remedies are of internal and external use. Inside, decoctions or infusions of medicinal herbs are more often used. Local treatment of hemorrhoids is the use of compresses, baths and ointments. The most popular recipes include the following:
- A decoction of nettle leaves. For cooking, you need 2 tbsp. l dry nettle leaves and 200 ml of water. Boil water with leaves for 15 minutes. After cooling, the broth is ready. Drink 50 ml of broth 30 minutes before a meal.
- Bath with sage. To prepare the bath, use 3 tbsp. l dry sage flowers. Water should be at a warm temperature.
- Lotions of grass celandine. For lotions you will need an infusion of celandine leaves. It is necessary to moisten a dense piece of tissue in the infusion, and attach it to the anal area. The lotion is fixed for 2-3 hours.
In the later stages of the disease, taking medications and folk recipes will not help. It is impossible to do without surgical intervention. All operations to remove hemorrhoids are divided into minimally invasive and open. Minimally invasive methods are less traumatic and are more commonly used in adolescents. They are of the following types:
- Sclerotherapy. The method consists in introducing sclerosing drugs into the area of the changed nodes.
- Laser coagulation. In this case, the hemorrhoidal nodes are removed with a laser.
- Latex ligation. The method consists in ligation of hemorrhoidal nodes at their base. This leads to a stop in the blood supply to the nodes and their necrosis.
Less commonly used is open surgery. Surgery is the most radical treatment. An indication for its implementation is stage IV of the disease, the development of complications in the form of thrombosis or infringement. The operation consists in excising pathologically altered hemorrhoidal nodes. The rehabilitation period is long, often accompanied by pain, impaired motor activity. However, in some cases, surgery is the only way out.
An important element in the treatment of the disease is diet. Nutrition for hemorrhoids is based on the following principles:
- Drink plenty. A teenager should drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day. This improves the general condition of the body, eliminates constipation, improves digestion.
- Fractional nutrition. Food should be consumed in small portions, 5 times a day. The diet should include 3 main meals and a few snacks.
- The exception is oily and spicy.
- Heat treatment of products. It is allowed to cook, bake, stew food, steam. This helps to improve digestion.
- Exclusion of gas generating products.
Hemorrhoid treatment is a long and not always safe process. To prevent the development of the disease, you need to adhere to a healthy lifestyle: eat right, give up bad habits. Also, adolescents need to exclude hard work, especially weight lifting.
Affect the heredity will not work, but by eliminating the effects of harmful factors, you can minimize the risk of developing the disease.
If you are diagnosed with hemorrhoids, what should I do?
I must say that the parents should know the diagnosis. Even if the child is so responsible that he himself came to the doctor, the doctor will inform his parents about his illness. Nevertheless, parents should control the treatment, since they are fully responsible for their son or daughter until they are 18 years old. First and foremost, hemorrhoids move a person to a lifestyle change. You can not drink a magic pill and forget about the disease once and for all.
Prevent the development of hemorrhoids in adolescents will allow a balanced diet of the child, which normalizes the intestinal microflora and quickly restore proper stool. It is very important to include various healthy vegetables in the children's menu - beets, legumes, carrots.
You should not offer your child fried and fatty dishes, as well as smoked meats. It is better to cook vegetable dishes in the oven, slow cooker, steamed or just boil in water. To normalize the daily stool, it is important to exclude those foods that contribute to the fastening of the stool. Meat, rice, flour products must be given in limited quantities. Also, do not give the teenager strong black tea.
A decoction of dried fruits has a particularly beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora. Dried fruits contain a large amount of potassium and have a mild laxative effect. They should be eaten soaked in food.A proper diet in adolescence prevents the development of many diseases of the intestines and stomach, including hemorrhoids.
A good prevention of the disease will be regular classes in the sports section. However, physical activity should be moderate, otherwise they may not help, but hurt. Sports exercises normalize blood circulation in the pelvic organs, prevent stagnation in the intestinal vessels. Sport has a beneficial effect on the entire body of the child. Preventive measures also contribute to the treatment of the disease.
Hemorrhoid treatment in young people
To know how to treat hemorrhoids in adolescents, you need to visit a qualified proctologist. The methods for treating hemorrhoids in adolescent children are the same as those for adults. Usually, a proctologist prescribes various, effective medications for topical use in the form of ointments, creams, rectal suppositories. As directed by a specialist, it can be used in the treatment of micro enemas. The dosage of drugs is determined only by the attending physician.
- Rectal suppositories
The resorption of hemorrhoids is well facilitated by the use of various rectal suppositories. Suppositories effectively relieve inflammation in the rectum and around the anus, prevent the occurrence of bleeding, and reduce enlarged hemorrhoids.
Candles are best injected into the anus at night before bedtime. Then the therapeutic effect will be palpable. A doctor may prescribe herbal suppositories of plant origin, which are less toxic and completely safe. Often, Relif Ultra rectal suppositories or another drug are prescribed for teens.
Of particular importance is the conduct of certain medical procedures during the treatment of hemorrhoids. An excellent effect is exerted by warm sedentary baths with a decoction of some medicinal herbs. In therapeutic therapy, you can use oak bark, chamomile flowers, calendula, onion husk.
For the procedure, it is necessary to prepare a decoction from a mixture of medicinal herbs, pour it together with hot water into a wide basin and place the child in water so that hot water covers areas of the anal area. The procedure should not take many minutes. Usually a bath is taken before the water cools. After the procedure, it is important to put on clean warm linen for the child in order to avoid hypothermia and get the best therapeutic result.
Baths help eliminate inflammation in the rectum, normalize blood flow, heal anal fissures and dissolve hemorrhoids, due to the therapeutic effect of medicinal herbs. Various substances contained in herbs effectively fight the disease. The properties of medicinal plants have been used in the treatment of hemorrhoids since ancient times.
Hemorrhoids at the age of 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 are manifested by the same symptoms as in adults. The teenager may be bothered by itching in the anus, burning and discomfort in the anus. With external hemorrhoids, inflamed hemorrhoids in the form of cones form around the anus. Sometimes the disease can be accompanied by bloody discharge.
Cold allows you to narrow and freeze inflamed hemorrhoidal neoplasms. A fourteen-year-old teenager can apply cold lotions to inflamed nodes or inject rectal ice candles into the anus for two minutes.
Such suppositories are made independently at home. To do this, you need to prepare a conical shape from thick paper into which you can pour a decoction of medicinal herbs or plain water. The candle must be placed in the freezer and frozen. Before use, the candle must be freed from the paper wrapper by lowering it for several seconds in warm water.
What medications are prescribed for a teenager
Hemorrhoids in adolescent girls, like the disease in boys, will have to be treated with medication. Conservative treatment is prescribed in the first and second stages of the disease. The sooner the diagnosis has occurred, the easier it is to cure hemorrhoids. The main task of the doctor is to choose a set of drugs that can reduce hemorrhoidal nodes, strengthen the vascular walls, and relieve negative inflammatory symptoms.
The treatment regimen often includes:
- Rectal suppositories based on natural remedies - sea buckthorn oil, honey, propolis,
- Ointments - relieve swelling, reduce inflammatory manifestations (Relief, Heparin ointment, Vishnevsky ointment),
- Venotonics and phlebotonics - act on the whole body, strengthen blood vessels, contribute to the normalization of blood circulation.
But only with drugs is the treatment not limited. If the teenager does not change his lifestyle, does not eat right, the disease can become chronic, and treatment will only help for a while.
Features of the treatment of hemorrhoids in adolescents
At the age of 15, hemorrhoids should be treated only under medical supervision. The specialist will be able to correctly determine the diagnosis, identify the causes of the disease and prescribe the correct treatment. You may need special medical methods for treating the disease.
The child’s body is characterized by better vascular elasticity, so hemorrhoids at the age of 16 cure faster than in adulthood. A sixteen-year-old child has better resistance to diseases, his immune system did not manage to undergo many negative factors, like the immunity of an adult.
Thanks to a young, strong body, curing hemorrhoids in adolescence is much simpler and easier. The tone of the veins and vessels of the rectum is able to recover very quickly under the influence of drugs, which greatly simplifies treatment and shortens its time.
Hemorrhoids are also quickly cured in 17 years. The young body has not yet experienced a large negative effect, it is not burdened by concomitant diseases. The disease in adolescence proceeds more easily than in mature and elderly people. It is very important at a young age not to stay days at the computer, but to lead an active lifestyle. Regular exercise will help to cope with the disease faster and prevent its further development in a chronic form. A proper diet, the exclusion of smoking and alcoholic beverages are an excellent preventive and therapeutic measure.
Hemorrhoids at the age of 18 must be treated in a timely manner in order to prevent the occurrence of any complications. Pathogens in the rectum can multiply under the influence of many negative factors. The consequence may be the occurrence of hemorrhoids at a young age.
It is mandatory to exclude the use of alcohol, since alcoholic beverages have a special effect on the vessels and veins of the rectum, contribute to the development of pathogenic microflora in the intestine and impaired blood circulation in the rectum. The consequence of taking alcohol at a young age can be hemorrhoids. Alcohol is one of the most negative risk factors for a wide variety of diseases in adolescence.
Another negative factor that causes the development of hemorrhoids in adolescence and youth is smoking. The negative effects of nicotine in a young body can worsen the elasticity and tone of the vessels and provoke the development of hemorrhoids at a young age.
Any hardening procedures, sports activities will be an excellent prevention of the disease. At a young age, it is important to prevent stagnation of blood flow in the pelvic organs. A special diet will help normalize the intestinal and stomach microflora. Complex measures to prevent hemorrhoids will help to maintain health.
How to eat with hemorrhoids
A balanced diet is a basic point. It is very important for a teenager to establish healthy digestion, which eliminates constipation and diarrhea. It is necessary to saturate his body with vitamins and minerals, nutritional components.
The daily diet of a teenager should include:
- Low-fat dairy products - kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt,
- Boiled and baked, stewed root vegetables - beets and potatoes,
- Coarse flour pasta and bread,
- Lean meats and fish,
- Green vegetables - cabbage, fresh and frozen green beans, leaf lettuce,
- Citrus fruits and apples,
- Soups on chicken or vegetable broth,
- Dried fruits (in particular dried apricots, prunes).
Nutrition should be fractional, balanced and, of course, varied. It should be eaten in small portions 4-5 times a day. If a teenager eats at the same time every day, then this helps to improve bowel function. And this, in turn, eliminates one of the most common causes of hemorrhoids - frequent constipation.
Drinking regimen is also important. On the day, nutritionists advise drinking at least one and a half liters of pure water, green tea and not very sweet homemade fruit drinks and compotes.
But it is recommended to exclude store sweets from the menu, as well as dishes from refined white flour. Red meat should also be reduced, polished rice, and even hydrogenated fats. These foods, unfortunately, lead to constipation and digestive upsets. This worsens the condition of the already deformed vessels. Coffee, cocoa and black tea are on the same list of negative foods, as drinks contain caffeine.
Sensitive topic: is it possible for unconventional sex to lead to hemorrhoids
This question does not arise in parents of younger teens. Children themselves may wonder whether hemorrhoids can be 15 years old, but other circumstances serve as the reason for such speculation. If the girl is already 17-18 years old, then the intimate subtext of the request cannot be excluded. According to statistics, modern adolescents begin relatively early life - at the age of 15-16. And hardly anyone can control the safety of sexual relations.
Brought up in an environment of absolute information accessibility (reverse Internet medal), adolescents can be prone to quite dangerous sexual experiments. Among them - anal sex. And if for an adult it is a matter of personal choice and personal sexual preferences, then for a teenager it is a real danger.
Most proctologists clearly say: anal coition can lead to pathologies in the human body. Among these pathologies includes hemorrhoidal disease (development and exacerbation). The disease is formed due to increased pressure in the abdominal cavity.
And now about the physiology of the very act of anal sex:
- The phallus acts on the walls of the rectum, and this automatically triggers signals to the girl’s brain about the need for straining,
- The muscles of the anal canal are tensed, which is fraught with an increase in pressure in the rectum and saturation of hemorrhoidal nodes with blood.
In addition, during rectal sex, the delicate mucosa of the anal canal is constantly injured. And this also leads to inflammation of the corpora cavernosa, their injury and irritation. Finally, frequent and systematic anal sex leads to stretching of the rectal valve, because of which the locking muscle ring may weaken. The sad result of this pathology is fecal incontinence.
If this material is read parents of adolescent adults, they may find it possible to provide such meaningful information to their children.
If teenagers themselves read the article, let it be a real warning to them about the dangers of rash experiments.
What to do if teenage hemorrhoids are not treated
You should not approach therapy with such a request - how to treat hemorrhoids at home quickly in a teenager. You can quickly remove the symptoms, but not get rid of a rather insidious disease.But if a teenager is afraid to go to the doctor, hides the symptoms, is silent about his suffering, the problem can take on a different scale.
At the first stage of the disease, with all its possible signs, the hemorrhoidal nodes maintain their physiological position. This stage is perfectly corrected by conservative therapy and lifestyle changes. If at this stage you did not go to the doctor, then the disease will progress. At the second stage, the nodes already fall out of the rectum and are themselves retracted.
At the third stage, the nodes drop out, and they have to be manually adjusted. Well, the fourth stage is the loss of cavernous bodies without the ability to correct them. It must be said that the third and fourth stages of the disease no longer respond to drug therapy: the symptoms will subside, but the nodes will not fit into place. Therefore, the solution to the problem is in the surgical room. Minimally invasive techniques help to quickly solve the problem, providing the patient with a fairly quick and uncomplicated recovery period.
Do not try to help your child bypassing the doctor’s office. A pharmacy medicine purchased at random may not be effective in your case, as well as low-effective folk recipes. Proctologists successfully treat teenage hemorrhoids: no need to be afraid, shy, nervous. Health is worth any time, effort and prejudice!
Causes of hemorrhoids in adolescents
Venous expansion of the anorectal plexus is due to vascular weakness and other causes. At what age does hemorrhoids usually appear? Hemorrhoids can begin their formation independently of the age category of patients, including teenage children.
Most often, hemorrhoids in adolescents have causes of heredity.
Diseases in adolescence
- A genetic predisposition to certain diseases is a key factor in the occurrence of pathologies that appear by genus. The occurrence of hemorrhoids is inherited due to genetically weak intestinal organ tone and vascular weakness. When leading an improper lifestyle, lack of physical activity, an unbalanced diet, hemorrhoid cones are formed. The factor is very important, if one of the parents has hemorrhoids, the child may also suffer from this pathology.
- Hemorrhoidal disease in adolescence also develops due to frequent constipation, low vital activity, venous overstrain in the anorectal region. Anomalies in the vascular structure also lead to the formation of hemorrhoidal cones. The primary signs of the disease can occur from early childhood, by adolescence, the pathology is exacerbated. The first thing you need to pay attention to is the enlarged veins around the anus.
- When teenagers engage in sports with excessive overstrain of the muscles of the abdominal cavity, a hemorrhoidal pathological change in the venous plexuses of the anus is noted. Physical activity should be measured. As a preventive measure to prevent hemorrhoids, sport is the main component, if it is of course reasonable. Power sports, on the contrary, provoke the formation of hemorrhoidal cones.
- Hemorrhoids in adolescence are also found in children who have gastrointestinal tract disorders, dysbiosis, and impaired stool (diarrhea, constipation). Against the background of malfunctioning
Symptoms of pathology in adolescence
If hemorrhoids occurred in a teenager, the disease can be recognized by the following symptoms:
- discomfort in the anal canal,
- soreness of the anal area,
- discomfort during walking, physical exertion, lifting a heavy load,
- traces of blood on linen, hygienic paper, in feces.
Hemorrhoidal disease can also be expressed by massive blood loss, in this situation, the pathology becomes dangerous anemia. Symptoms in a teenager should alert parents. You should talk tactfully with the child, explaining to him your severity of the disease, since children may refuse to visit a proctologist. Specialist examination for children is not acceptable at the psychological level. However, diagnosis is necessary, since without this it is impossible to prescribe effective therapy.
Hemorrhoids are especially dangerous for girls at the age of 17, because they should think about motherhood. When carrying a child, and so there is a load on the pelvic organs and systems, including anorectal veins. If there is still no cured hemorrhoids, then pregnancy will seem hell and the pathology will become more complicated up to stage 4, in which it can only be removed by surgery.
The stages of hemorrhoids in adolescence
Hemorrhoids occurring in adolescence are characterized by a phased development. Each stage of hemorrhoidal disease has its own characteristics that accompany certain symptoms. The stage of the disease is precisely determined only by a specialized specialist. The diagnosis is made taking into account the results of examination, analyzes, and other diagnostic studies.
A mild hemorrhoidal course has no pronounced signs and acute manifestations of the disease. Initial hemorrhoids form subcutaneously and adolescents rarely experience pain, discomfort, or other unpleasant manifestations. Most often, the disease is manifested by itching with burning of the anorectal region, the presence of plasma in the feces can be determined only by analysis.
Acute hemorrhoidal disease in adolescence can be manifested by periodic prolapse of the nodes, which simply can be corrected independently. Such hemorrhoids occurred at the age of 18 and earlier may be accompanied by regular constipation, bloody stools, traces of blood on linen and hygienic paper. During a visit to the toilet, for the most part, a person is very tense to empty. After stool, young people have a feeling of incomplete intestinal emptying. By such symptoms, hemorrhoids are easily determined, which becomes an occasion to visit a proctologist.
Running hemorrhoids in adolescence is determined by the third stage of development. Typically, such a disease is characterized by external nodes, which when emptying, physical activity, moving heavy loads fall into the lumen of the anus. This stage is dangerous thrombosis of the pelvic vessels, infringement of the nodes. Over time, the bumps become inflamed, the patient begins to suffer from pain.
At the fourth stage of the development of hemorrhoidal disease, large nodes are observed, which constantly fall out. Prolapse happens when walking, sneezing, coughing and just from the strain of the abdomen. One of the serious complications of stage 4 hemorrhoids is thrombosis; anemia is no less dangerous due to massive blood loss. Such hemorrhoids cannot be eliminated without the prompt help of surgeons.
Features of the course of hemorrhoids in boys and girls
Could there be a formed hemorrhoids in 16 years? In adolescents, hemorrhoidal disease most often progresses in girls. This is due to the anatomical feature of the body structure, greater susceptibility to stress, neurosis, emotional susceptibility. In addition, women are more likely to have constipation than boys.
Most often, girls suffer from combined hemorrhoids, and young men have external hemorrhoidal disease. Combined hemorrhoids are more complex than external ones, as they flow inside and outside the rectal organ.
In young men, the pathology develops more slowly than in girls, this is due to less growth activity of this age period. Girls in adolescence develop and form faster. Hemorrhoids are detected in a neglected state.The formation of hemorrhoidal nodes can trigger a menstrual cycle, since during this period excessive pressure is created on the pelvic region and anus.
Diagnosis of hemorrhoids in adolescents
If signs of hemorrhoidal pathology are observed, it is necessary to undergo a proctological examination to identify the stage of the disease, the presence of cones, determine the severity of the disease and obtain an effective treatment regimen. Can there be hemorrhoids in moving adolescents? The disease often begins precisely due to excessive overstrain of the abdominal and anorectal muscles. Such a load is usually found among young people involved in power sports.
In some cases, a proctological examination helps to identify other diseases with similar symptoms as hemorrhoids. At a medical consultation, a proctologist examines the anorectal region, an instrumental examination. The doctor also prescribes a test. The teenager finds out what kind of lifestyle is being conducted, how to eat, whether he is engaged in sports. Anorectal examination reveals the presence and condition of nodes. For this, a sigmoidoscopy is performed, a digital examination of the rectal organ for the presence of existing formations.
Hemorrhoids formed at the age of 20 are diagnosed as well as in adolescents. An instrumental study of the rectum is due to the introduction of a special device into the anus to visualize the intestinal mucosa, the state of the walls, vascular pattern, and identify the degree of the disease.
Several methods of treating hemorrhoids in adolescence are used at once. The doctor may prescribe:
- medical gymnastics
- the use of drugs in the form of ointments and tablets,
- with advanced stages - an operation to remove inflamed hemorrhoidal nodes.
An operation is needed only when conservative treatment methods do not help or in the absence of results. Surgical intervention is performed through a ligation procedure. This is the process of squeezing the compressed vessels with special latex rings.
Supportive treatment after surgery includes traditional medicine recipes: taking decoctions of medicinal herbs - hazel, aloe, chamomile, oak bark. They help stop inflammation and reduce the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
The main treatment for hemorrhoids are drugs that stop the general symptoms and processes of inflammation of the hemorrhoidal veins. For this, various ointments, injections are used to help restore normal condition.
Actively used in adolescents for the treatment of hemorrhoids suppositories "Relief" and candles with sea buckthorn oil. These funds very quickly and at the same time gently stop the symptoms of damage, alleviating the patient's condition and accelerating the healing process.
“Heparin ointment” helps to achieve good results. It reduces the risk of hemorrhoidal vein thrombosis and relieves pain.
To normalize the tone of the veins, the use of ointments is recommended, which will maintain the state of the vascular walls in the norm - these are Detralex and Venarus. In addition, when bleeding is detected, hemostatic drugs are required - Tranexam or Aminocaproic acid.
If hemorrhoids was triggered by constipation, then the doctor may additionally prescribe treatment with microclysters and taking laxatives.
Exercise therapy for hemorrhoids in adolescents helps to prevent complications. It is indicated during remissions and is prohibited at the stage of exacerbations. This is an effective method of therapy, as science has proved the positive effect of special physical exercises to restore hemorrhoidal veins.
Carrying out charging involves strengthening the muscles of the pelvic and abs.Its main benefit is that a strong press helps eliminate high pressure in the stomach. Exercises for abdominal muscles help massage the intestines, making their functioning more active.
Recommended sports for inflammation of hemorrhoidal veins include:
- Nordic walking
- easy run
Walking should be long. It is forbidden to professionally engage in such sports:
- Horseback Riding,
- extreme sports.
Classes are suitable even with the development of the disease in 3 stages. Here is an example set of gymnastic exercises that you can independently perform at home:
- Easy warm-up: steps in place with a high knee lift, pretty quick for 1 minute,
- Sit on the floor, bend your legs, keeping your back straight. Bring the upper body forward, try to squeeze the sphincter. Repeat 10 times in 3 sets,
- Lie on your back, raise your legs above the floor at 45 degrees, conduct the exercise “scissors”, swinging your legs widely - do 3 sets of 20 seconds,
- Lie on your back, bend your legs, press your feet to the floor. Tear off the pelvis from the floor and bend up. Hold in this position and lower yourself to the floor again. Do the exercise 3 sets of 15 times,
- Get on all fours, bend your back up, then down. This exercise helps relieve symptoms even with stage 4 hemorrhoids.
Regular conduct of the described set of exercises helps to prevent exacerbations of hemorrhoids, to be treated without surgery.
Hiking is nice and helpful.
It should be remembered that for success in the treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids, you will need to additionally follow the rules of good nutrition and take medications prescribed by the proctologist for hemorrhoids. Complex treatment helps to cure hemorrhoids and improve overall health.
As for nutrition, with hemorrhoids from the daily diet, you will need to exclude:
These products greatly expand the blood vessels, worsening the blood flow in them and exacerbating inflammation. It is also important to significantly reduce the amount of salt and consume enough fluid.
It is recommended to consume more fiber and coarse fibers. They are contained in such products:
- fruits and vegetables,
- Rye bread,
- hard cheese
These products help prevent constipation - one of the main triggers of hemorrhoids. To improve the assimilation and digestion of food, you need to eat often in small portions. To normalize the stool, drink 10-15 ml of olive oil daily before breakfast.
Be sure to abandon any alcoholic beverages, because they badly affect the vessels and veins in the rectum, contribute to the formation of pathogenic microflora and impaired blood flow.